Monday 8 October 2018

EncryptSensitiveWithPassword protection level in SSIS

If we are using this option, it will encrypt the sensitive information using the password, and save that encrypted information in the package. Password for sensitive data is provided by using the Package Password property.
Let’s see the example
Taking data flow task

Now I am taking OLEDB
Creating a connection
   

Using SQL server authentication. Click ok.
Select the source


Click ok.
Now we need to set the protection level to EncryptSensitiveWithPassword on the package.
Click on the package property
  
 
Now set the password.
We need to set the package level
After that, we need to set the protection level on the package level.
  

And click on the properties
   

Click ok.
See the code of this package
  

Sensitive data (password) stored in the package and it is encrypted.

Now I am taking destination flat file.

Now the package is ready to run.
Running the package.
  

Package executed successfully.
Now I am closing the package.
When we will open this, it will ask the password. Any user can open this package by providing the password.
See below.
  


Here I am providing the password and clicking ok.

1 comment:

  1. Seems like when EncryptSensitiveWithPassword is set I cannot run a project with more than one package in it. When one package calls the next I get the "password incorrect or not specified" error. I've seen some posts where they say that SSIS prompts them for a password on every package but I'm not seeing that. Is there some special way to run a project in SSIS with security settings or do I need to change it all back to EncryptWithUserKey when I want to test?

    ReplyDelete

If you have any doubt, please let me know.

Popular Posts