Monday 8 October 2018

DontSaveSensitive protection level in SSIS

It means this is not going to encrypt anything in the package and so our sensitive information would be blank like password or configuration manager. We would have to then supply our password using SSIS configuration.
Click here to read Package configuration in SSIS
Click here to read: Package Parameters and Project parameters in SSIS
Let’s see the example
Here I am taking the data flow task and my aim is to extract the data in the flat file.
Taking data flow task
    

In dataflow pan, I am taking OLEDB source
Creating a connection
   

Using sql server authentication. Click ok.
Select the source
     

Click ok.
Now we need to set the protection level to DontSaveSensitive on the package.
Click on the package property
 

Set Protection level property to DontSaveSensitive.
After that, we need to set the protection level on the package level.
  

And click on the properties
   

Click ok.

Now I am taking destination flat file.

    

Now the package is ready to run.
Running the package.
Ooooooooooo my package get failed

  
Let’s see the reason why my package gets failed.
To see the error go to progress tab
    

Error see that login failed.
[OLE DB Source [13]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER
The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "DESKTOP-SGHGLJT.AdventureWorks2012.bagi" failed with error code 0xC0202009. 
There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed.

[Connection manager "DESKTOP-SGHGLJT.AdventureWorks2012.bagi"] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR.  An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E4D.
An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 11.0"  Hresult: 0x80040E4D  Description: "Login failed for user 'bagi'.".

Now see the OLEDB connection manager
Password is blank


Although I save the password here showing the blank.
Let’s see the package source code.


Here also password is blank.

If we set protection level DontSaveSensitive then the package will not store sensitive information. This is the reason our package failed.

17 comments:

  1. Through this post, I know that your good knowledge in playing with all the pieces was very helpful. I notify that this is the first place where I find issues I've been searching for. You have a clever yet attractive way of writing on Msbi online training
    Msbi online training Hyderabad
    Msbi online training India
    Msbi online course
    Msbi course
    Msbi training
    Msbi certification training

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for providing valuable insights. This blog is really helpful and I find it extremely informative. Keep sharing. Android Training in Bangalore

    Android Training in Hyderabad

    Android Course in Bangalore

    Android Course in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know that you can easily view the contents of your phone on your TV without a cable? With a screen mirror app you can easily do the screen mirroring from Android to TV. Check out www.screenmirroring.me to find out more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is most informative and also this post most user friendly and super navigation to all posts... Thank you so much for giving this information to me.
    Digital Marketing Training In Hyderabad
    Digital Marketing Online Training
    Digital Marketing Training
    Digital Marketing Training Online

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Thanks for your Awesome post! I quite Satisfied reading it, you are a good author.I will Make sure to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back from now on. I want to encourage that you continue your great job, have a nice day.

    Power BI Training In Hyderabad
    Power BI Online Training
    Power BI Training In Ameerpet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the informative article you shared. This is one of the best resources I have found recently.
    Microsoft Azure Course in Marathahalli

    ReplyDelete
  7. Extremely overall quite an Information post. I was searching for this sort of data and was delighted in perusing this one, Continue postings.
    sap fico training in btm layout

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is an excellent blog Thank you for providing important information and I am searching for the same information, Thank you for sharing good content.
    SAP Training in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is an excellent blog Thank you for providing important information and I am searching for the same information, Thank you for sharing good content.
    SAP Training in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of great information, I was searching of this kind of information, thank you very much for sharing with us.
    SAP Training in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful work, keep sharing content like this very insightful information, and thank you for your great work on this blog.
    SAP MM Training in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really very interesting content which is unique. It is more interesting which engaged me more. Spend a worthful time. Keep Posting more.
    SAP MM Training in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found some useful content in your blog! it was great to read, Thanks for sharing this great content with my vision, keep sharing good content.
    SAP Fico Training in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great article! It was really helpful to me, I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it.
    SAP Fico Training in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  15. I found some useful content in your blog! it was great to read, Thanks for sharing this great content with my vision, keep sharing good content.
    SAP MM Training in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great article! It was really helpful to me, I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it.
    SAP MM Training in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete

If you have any doubt, please let me know.

Popular Posts