Monday 31 December 2018

Job scheduling in SQL server Agent

We can automate the SQL Server Agent job using the scheduling. We can schedule our job daily, weekly quarterly, half yearly or yearly. 
I have created a job and I want to schedule this job. Double click on the job and go to the Scheduling tab.
                          
 Provide the Scheduler name and select schedule type
   
Schedule type may be as
·         Start automatically when SQL Server Agent starts
·         Start whenever the CPU becomes idle
·         Recurring
·         One time
Based on the business requirement we can select schedule type. Here I am selecting type is recurring.
   
Here I am selecting frequency as daily it runs every 2 min.
Click ok.
The job will start at 4:34 PM  before that record in the table.
   
Job run at 4:34PM. See the records in the table

  
Every 2 min a record is inserted on this table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any doubt, please let me know.

Popular Posts