Sunday 9 December 2018

Dtutil Utility command in SSIS

The Dtutil command prompt utility is used to manage SQL Server Integration Services packages. The utility can copy, move, delete, or verify the existence of a package. These actions can be performed on any SSIS package that is stored in one of three locations:
  • Microsoft SQL Server database
  • SSIS Package Store, and
  • File system

See the example.
I want to copy my package from one folder to another folder.
   
And want to copy it on the below folder.
   

Copping the package we need to open the command prompt to go to sql server BINN dir
As below

cd c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\Binn
  
In this folder we will get Dtutil exe.
Below command is used to copy the package.
DTUTIL /FILE Source_file  /COPY FILE;Destination_File
There are no spaces between FILE; and destination_file. If there is space it will throw error.
I am copying my package from I:\SSIS1\Test_08_12_2018\Test_08_12_2018 to I:\SSIS1\Package.dtsx
See below command I am using.
DTUTIL /FILE I:\SSIS1\Test_08_12_2018\Test_08_12_2018\Package.dtsx /COPY FILE;I:\SSIS1\Package.dtsx
  
Package copied successfully on the destination folder.

   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any doubt, please let me know.

Popular Posts