Sunday 22 May 2022

Shrunken Dimension in DWH

A shrunk dimension is another sub-set. For example, the fact table for orders which contain a foreign product main, but a foreign product segment, which is in the product table, but which is much less granular may be included in the target fact table. One way to deal with the heterogeneous grain condition is to create a smaller dimension table that has the crop group as its primary key. If the product dimension is black-snow, a different product type table is usually available, which will act as the shrunk dimension.

We can see it in the “AdventureWorksDW” Database.

SELECT *
FROM   dimproductcategory;

SELECT *
FROM   dimproductsubcategory;

SELECT *
FROM   dimproduct;

SELECT *
FROM   factinternetsales; 

 


2 comments:

  1. I think everyone should read your blog who want to learn more about MUJ Solved Assignments

    ReplyDelete
  2. After a Long search, I found this post and I must say that this post worth my research and provide my all knowledge and clears my confusion about nmims project

    ReplyDelete

If you have any doubt, please let me know.

Popular Posts