Monday 7 October 2019

ValidateExternalMetadata property In SSIS package


The Delay Validation property can be set on a Data Flow task, but not on individual data flow components. We can achieve a similar effect by setting the ValidateExternalMetadata property of individual data flow components (i.e. OLE DB Source component) to False.  However, when the value of this property is False, the component is not aware of changes to the metadata of external data sources.


We can see this property on the Data Flow pan
                           

By default, the ValidateExternalMetadata property is set to true, so SSIS validates the external metadata whenever we open the package, add a component, or run the package. If we override this behavior by setting the property to False, SSIS will not validate the data source until it runs that component.


When we set it false in this case it will validate the connection during the execution.

Let’s see the demo

I am taking Data flow task


Now I am taking OLEDB source as source. And creating the connection
 

See in this I am taking Data access mode as “SQL Command” and here I am not writing any sql statement.
Clicking ok.


It showing the error.
Now I am setting the ValidateExternalMetadata to false.


Error disappeared.  
It means it will validate during the execution.


11 comments:

  1. I think there is a need to provide some more information on SSIS package and its utilities since this is the best way of looking for more.

    SSIS Postgresql Read

    ReplyDelete

  2. Through this post, I know that your good knowledge in playing with all the pieces was very helpful. I notify that this is the first place where I find issues I've been searching for. You have a clever yet attractive way of writing on Msbi online training
    Msbi online training Hyderabad
    Msbi online training India
    Msbi online course
    Msbi course
    Msbi training
    Msbi certification training

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use basically superior fabrics : you will discover these products by: repossessed houses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. https://mapsjar.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting post. I Have Been wondering about this issue, so thanks for posting. Pretty cool post.It 's really very nice and Useful post.Thanks Property for sale in France

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your this post while searching for some related information on blog search...Its a good post..keep posting and update the information. palos park IL realtors

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there

    Very nice content and blog, I found it very informative and useful, hope to read more nice articles like this one around here,

    Keep sharing the best content,

    Best regards!

    Your follower

    Salvatore from:

    Compra de Ingresso on-line – Os ingressos para visitar o Patrimônio Mundial Natural e uma das 7 Maravilhas da Natureza, que abriga as Cataratas do Iguaçu, são limitados e vendidos exclusivamente on-line, com agendamento de dia e horário para o passeio. É importante lembrar que não existe a opção de compra de bilhete físico no parque. É necessário adquirir o ingresso de entrada no Parque Nacional do Iguaçu com antecedência em sites autorizados.6

    Thanks and take care

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. Las Colinas Property For Sale

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your post. I’ve been thinking about writing a very comparable post over the last couple of weeks, I’ll probably keep it short and sweet and link to this instead if thats cool. Thanks. HDB Resale

    ReplyDelete
  10. roperty represents a significant aspect of our lives, offering various types of spaces for living, working, and conducting business. https://www.assoc-ins.com/

    ReplyDelete

If you have any doubt, please let me know.

Popular Posts