Monday 7 October 2019

Using Temp table in SSIS package


When we are working on the complex SQL script (in Execute SQL task) sometimes we need to use the temp table. I mean this table is very useful when we need to store and manipulate an interim result set during ETL or other data processing operations.
Let’s see this demo. How we use this temp table.
In execute SQL task I am creating the temp table.
Create table #temp
(
productid int identity(1,1),
productname varchar(50)
)

insert into #temp values
('Pen'),('book'),('copy'),
('pencil')
select * from #temp

drop table #temp


 

Now I am taking script task and using this sql script.
 

Click ok.
Ok still it showing error.
 

This error throw due to #temp object is not found.
To overcome with this issue we need to set Delay validation property.
Read: Delay validation properties in SSIS
By default this value is false
  

We need to set true
 

See error went
Now I am running this package.


Hope it is useful.

2 comments:

  1. I think SSIS is the best tool to provide more information and learn about solutions to complex database and IT problems.

    SSIS Postgresql Write

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you made certain nice points in features also Temporary Email

    ReplyDelete

If you have any doubt, please let me know.

Popular Posts