Friday 26 December 2014

Translation in SSAS

A translation is a representation of the names of Analysis Services objects in a specific language. Objects include measure groups, measures, dimensions, attributes, hierarchies, KPIs, actions, and calculated members. Translations provide server support for client applications that can support multiple languages.

Step by step applying translation on cube

I have created a cube.


Go to the translation section


Click on the new Translation.


Select the language and click ok.


Here you should need the write the measure mane in Hindi (I have selected as Hindi language).


Save it and close the windows. Build the project and deploy it. Now open the cube and go to the browse.


Similar we can apply translation on attributes. But one thing we need to store that language value in table. Here I am taking example of Adventure Works database. I am using product table for demo.
Click on Dimension and select Dim Product

Click on the translation section.
Click on the new translation.

Select the language. Here I am selecting language as Arabic and click OK.


Click on that cell you will get the Attribute Data Translation screen

Select translation column

Click ok

Save and close the window.
Build the project and deploy the project.
Now open the cube and go to the browse section select the language as Arabic. Select the measure and dimensions you will get the following type of output.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Through this post, I know that your good knowledge in playing with all the pieces was very helpful. I notify that this is the first place where I find issues I've been searching for. You have a clever yet attractive way of writing on Msbi online training
    Msbi online training Hyderabad
    Msbi online training India
    Msbi online course

    ReplyDelete

If you have any doubt, please let me know.

Popular Posts