Tuesday 5 November 2019

Output direction in execute sql task in SSIS


For executing the SPs we are using Execute SQL task.

Let’s see how we can use an output parameter in SP.
I am creating a simple SP with an output parameter.
Create Procedure P_Insert_Emp
(@E_name varchar(50),
 @E_mobile varchar(10),
 @E_add   varchar(10),
 @Number_of_Records int output
)
AS
Begin
   insert into emp (E_name,E_mobile,E_add)
   values (@E_name,@E_mobile,@E_add)

   Select @Number_of_Records=Count(*) from emp
End;
In this SP I am inserting a record in each run and getting the count of all records in the output parameter.
I am taking execute SQL task and creating the connection manager. For the input and output parameter, we need to create variables to store the value.
 

Before that, I am creating the variable to store the values
 

Now we go the parameter mapping.
 

Keep in mind for the output parameter we need to select Direction as Output.
Click ok.
To see the value of the output parameter I am taking script tasks.
 

In C# script I am writing below code to see the message.


Now the package is ready to execute
 

Before running this package records in the table.


3 records.
Now I am running this package


See the records in the table.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any doubt, please let me know.

Popular Posts